1. Look at the LinkedIn profiles of the people you are speaking to and look at others in the company. Who is the person in charge, CEO, owner, etc. Try and understand the organizational structure of the company.
2. Look at the the company website thoroughly.
3. Google for articles on the company.
4. If an in person interview, get their business card(s) so you can follow-up.
5. Have questions prepared. See next blog for good questions to ask and what you may get asked.
6. SUPER IMPORTANT FOR BOTH NEWBIES and ESTABLISHED CANDIDATES: No more than 48 hours after your call, be sure to send an email thank you follow-up.